COVID-19 Community Resources
GENERAL ASSISTANCE WITH BILLS
· Need Help Paying Bills: https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/south_carolina_assistance_prog.html
· Office of Economic Opportunity: http://oeo.sc.gov/help.html
· Office of Regulatory Staff: https://ors.sc.gov/covid19
· Office of Economic Opportunity: http://oeo.sc.gov/help.html
COVID-19 ON SITE TESTING
· South Carolina Internal Medicine. Woodrow Street, Irmo. 803.740.1111
· See map at https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19
COVID-19 VIRTUAL TESTING - In order to access the free consult, use the promo code COVID19.
· Augusta University Health System is offering virtual screenings through video visits with health providers for the Central Savannah River Area, which includes Aiken, Edgefield and McCormick counties in South Carolina. Visitors only need to follow a two-step process to choose a provider and start a video visit.
· Doctors Care is offering a telemedicine drive-thru option in South Carolina through its “Doctors Care Anywhere – Virtual Urgent Care” app. The patient clicks a link to sign up to be seen online by a provider, who can refer them for drive-thru testing (if needed) at Doctors Care’s Cayce, SC location. Doctors Care Anywhere is available 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
· MUSC Health Virtual Urgent Care
· Roper St. Francis Healthcare Virtual Care
· Sandhills Medical Foundation Inc. is offering telephone screening. Depending on the results, you may be scheduled to visit a drive-thru testing site in Camden. Call 1-877-529-4339 to register, for appropriate screening and instructions. Phone lines are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
· Self Regional Healthcare is offering telephone screening for residents in Greenwood, Laurens, Edgefield, Abbeville, McCormick, Saluda, and Newberry counties. Call the COVID-19 Screening Line at (864) 725-4200.
· Eat Smart Move More SC: https://eatsmartmovemoresc.org/covid-19-resources/
· Feeding the Carolinas: https://feedingthecarolinas.org/
· Harvest Hope Food Bank: https://www.harvesthope.org/
· Lowcountry Food Bank: https://www.lowcountryfoodbank.org/
· Midlands Mutual Aid (Columbia): Food and Medicine delivery. http://mutualaidcolasc.org/
· Need Help Paying Bills: https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/south_carolina_food_banks.html
· Senior Resources (Meals on Wheels Columbia): https://www.seniorresourcesinc.org/
· WIC: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/wic-nutrition-program
· ASTHO: https://www.astho.org/COVID-19/ASTHO-Resources/
· SC DHEC: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
· SC Thrive: https://scthrive.org/coronavirus-resources/
· Together SC nonprofit alliance: https://www.togethersc.org/blog/coronavirus-resources##
· USDA: https://rd.usda.gov/sites/default/files/USDA_COVID-19_Fed_Rural_Resource_Guide.pdf
FREE/REDUCED COST HOME INTERNET
· AT&T - https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#!/ In response to the public health crisis, Access from AT&T is temporarily: Offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020 with $5/mo or $10/mo thereafter, depending on your speed; Expanding eligibility based on income and to households participating in National School Lunch Program/Head Start; and Waiving all home internet data overage fees
· Chesnee Communications: call 864-461-2211, visit https://chesnee-comm.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1/2020/COVID%20-%2019%20Chesnee%20Service%20for%2060%20Days%20-%2020200317.pdf
· Comcast - https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19 Comcast has opened its Xfinity WiFi Network Nationally for Free, is offering Unlimited Data for Free, more
· Comporium (Aiken, Calhoun, Chester, Edgefield, Lancaster, Lexington, Orangeburg, Saluda, York): call 888-403-2667 (if in the Midlands call 800-258-7978), visit https://www.comporium.com/covid-19/#freeinternet
· FreedomPop - https://www.freedompop.com/ FreedomPop offers free internet access with their plans. After the free data is used up, you can opt for their paid plans to get further internet access.
· FTC (Clarendon, lower Florence, Lee, Sumter and Williamsburg counties): call 888-218-5050 and press '4' when prompted, text 843-382-8398, email email@example.com, visit https://www.ftc.net/covid-19/
· Hagray (Beaufort, Bluffton, Hardeeville, Hilton Head, Ridgeland): call 877-427-4729, visit Hargray.com/freeinternet
· Home Telecom (Charleston, Moncks Corner, Harleyville, Bonneau, St. Stephens, New Hope): call 888-746-4482, visit HomeSC.com/Connect
· NetZero - https://www.netzero.net/start/landing.do?page=/fd/landing/landing-new&refcd=FDFEB2018 NetZero’s free package provides 10 hours of internet access with no cost and the broadband plan provides 200 MB monthly data for free
· PRTC: Walterboro customers call 843-538-2020, or St. George customers call 843-931-1212. PRTC (Piedmont) call 864-682-3131
· Spectrum - https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/coronavirus-internet-offer-students/ Beginning Monday, March 16, Spectrum is offering free access to internet and WiFi for 60-days for new Pre-K to 12, college student and teacher households who don't currently have internet or WiFi service. This discount will be applied as a credit for your first two months of internet services. They’ll waive any installation or pre-payment fees to help get you started.
· TruVista (Chester, Fairfield, Kershaw and [parts of] Richland County): call 800-768-1212, visit https://www.truvista.net/Images/truvista/images/universal/60_Days_Free_Press_Release_v3.pdf
· WCTEL (McCormick County, Starr, Iva, Greenwood, Newberry): call 864-446-2111, visit https://www.wctel.com/covid-19/
FREE WIFI LOCATIONS
· See map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1mIvSJFprwD1vnRy1ZIWyaORW9i8nATgU&ll=33.89715482864146%2C-80.97389850000002&z=6
· Richland Public Library: https://www.richlandlibrary.com/blog/2020-03-22/seeking-employment
SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT
· Richland Public Library: https://www.richlandlibrary.com/blog/2020-03-18/support-small-businesses
· SCACED: https://www.scaced.org/coronavirus
· Blue Ribbon Cab (Columbia): Free rides for 60+ seniors to doctor or grocery store 1x a week and 15% discount for everyone else. Contact Barbara Dodtson at (803) 786-9472. http://originalblueribbontaxi.com/
· United Way (Department of Ed, DHEC, Red Cross): https://unitedwayassocsc.galaxydigital.com/need/?s=1&need_init_id=2956
· Midlands Mutual Aid in Columbia (food, medicine delivery): http://mutualaidcolasc.org/